As administrators, coaches or teacher leaders, we often come up against situations where difficult topics must be addressed. What do we know about the best strategies for those moments? What questions should we be asking ourselves before we speak up and what words shall we use so the conversation can be as humane and growth producing as possible?
Having Hard Conversations is an interactive PD activity to master the art of challenging conversations. The strategies in the workshop address a wide range of situations, including communications with supervisees and supervisors. The workshop will help directors speak with clarity and courage to directly address difficult situations within their programs.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of clarifying conversations for strong leadership
- Self-analyze and identify two to three key hesitations for having hard conversations
- Self-reflect and determine five key questions you should ask before having a hard conversation
- Articulate the three key steps prior to having a hard conversation
- Identify the conditions - the what, where and when - for successful hard conversations
- Create two to three action steps to carry this work forward at your program
Webinar is only available to those who attended the face-to-face Having Hard Conversations workshop on September 26, 2016.