The SMARTT New User course is designed to give you a hands-on experience using SMARTT. It trains SMARTT data entry staff to navigate and do key forms of data entry in the system. All participants who complete this training will be certified.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Staff members who are from Massachusetts programs funded by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE). Two staff members from each program are required to complete this training.
Massachusetts programs funded by ESE are required to have two staff members in their program who have completed this training. This training has required activities and projects. Upon successful completion, you will receive five hours of professional development credit, and a certificate of completion will be noted in your online professional development record.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purposes and uses of SMARTT for accountability and program management
- Identify SMARTT features and terminology and navigate through the various sections of SMARTT
- Perform basic data entry functions, such as adding students; adding and entering goals, assessments, and follow up; enrolling students in classes and entering attendance; exiting students from class and site; and adding data into the professional development module
- Access the online SMARTT manual, SMARTT updates via the ACLS monthly mailings and the SMARTT FAQs on the SABES website
- Obtain SMARTT technical assistance from SABES Tech Support and subscribe to the SMARTT listserv