This online course is a moderated, self-paced introduction to Cognos. You will learn about key features and areas in Cognos, as well as how to access, create, save, print, and manage essential performance data reports.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- New staff and anyone who needs to learn about using Cognos
You will log in, navigate in different areas and tabs in Cognos, use toolbar functions to customize reports, run typical desk review and federal reports, and learn how to manage reports and views. This includes creating, accessing, saving in Cognos and saving locally, exporting to Excel or to a PDF, and printing. The course will also include an introduction to working with cubes.
The presenter will contact you the week prior to the course with instructions for logging into Moodle.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify Cognos features and terminology and navigate sections, tabs, and toolbars
- Run ad hoc and federal reports and also locate individual program data in the Desk Review
- Create a report with program data and save in “My Folders”
- Locate, run, save, export, and print reports
- Access the online Cognos manual, the SABES website, and the SMARTThelp form for technical assistance