This series introduces the three key instructional shifts in the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education for Mathematics (CCRSAE for Math): focus, coherence, and rigor. No prior knowledge of the instructional shifts or the CCRSAE is required.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Any practitioner, teacher, or director interested in exploring the key instructional shifts in the CCRSAE for Math. No prior math background is needed.
This two-part webinar series introduces the three instructional shifts—focus, coherence, and rigor—described in the CCRSAE for Math. Facilitators will use concrete math examples to explain and illustrate each shift. You will have frequent opportunities to interact through polls and to contribute to the discussion using the chat feature.
- The first webinar, on Focus and Coherence, is September 6 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- The second webinar, on Rigor, is September 13 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact Sherry Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain what the instructional shifts are for the CCRSAE for Math
- Provide examples of what each instructional shift looks like in action in the classroom
- Distinguish between teaching for procedures and teaching for conceptual understanding