This Open House event is an opportunity to continue to develop instructional units, scope and sequences, and lesson plans as part of an overall adult education math curriculum.
- Please bring curriculum materials that you are presently working on.
- Interested practitioners may attend for any time period between 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., but registration IS required. No drop-ins, please.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Any adult education practitioner tasked with designing program-based curriculum. No prior knowledge of math or curriculum development is necessary.
Aligning Math Curriculum with the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE) Open House is an ongoing opportunity to support you in developing instructional units as part of an overall adult education math curriculum. We will encourage you to use Wiggins and McTighe's Understanding by Design (UbD) model to develop contextualized instructional units based on the CCRSAE. You are encouraged to attend with colleagues from your program (including teachers and directors) as part of a team.
For more information, please contact Sherry Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Use the CCRSAE in designing units of instruction
- Evaluate lessons vis-à-vis the CCRSAE, and tweak them as necessary to align with the standards
- Make level-appropriate tweaks to scope and sequences based on instructional units