This workshop provides you with an introduction to using the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE)-aligned EMPower Plus materials.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Any teacher who is using or interested in using the EMPower materials with their curriculum
Are you looking for math materials to help you bring the CCRSAE for Mathematics into your program? Do you want to help your students deepen their conceptual understanding of the math you are teaching, but you’re not sure where to start?
This workshop introduces the EMPower Plus materials, which provide activities and practice materials specifically designed to help adult learners deepen their conceptual understanding of math concepts in real-life contexts. The workshop includes the following:
- Overview of the methodology and content of the EMPower Plus materials
- Tips for using the materials in the classroom
- Sample activities to try out in the workshop
- Guidance for developing unit plans using EMPower Plus
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Use the sample activities to teach conceptually with the new EMPower Plus series
- Connect learning activities from the EMPower Plus series to the CCRSAE Content Standards and CCRSAE Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Articulate the difference between teaching for understanding and teaching procedures