In this online course, you will learn how to effectively integrate Google tools into your classroom. This course will also prepare you to become a Google Certified Educator Level One. If you choose to take the exam there is a $10.00 fee which you are responsible for paying.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ABE and ESOL teachers and tutors
Do you think you know how to use a Google tools or want to learn more about using Google more effectively in your classroom? You may want to become a Google Certified Educator.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate Google tools into your class preparation, lessons, and activities
- Use the Google tools to collaborate with other teachers
- Demonstrate how your students can use Google tools to develop a project or collaborate with other students
This online course contains 13 units that you take at your own pace. You can start and stop a lesson at any time; Google will track your progress through the course. If you already know the material (see the attached documentation of unit descriptions and learning objectives), you can go directly to the Unit Review to complete that unit.
SABES will provide support via the Blackboard online learning management system. You can ask the course facilitator for help and receive feedback and support for any activities in the course.
The total number of hours needed for assignments is approximately 15. Note: This does not include the time needed to prepare lessons to be used with your students, nor to take the Google Certified Educator Level One exam.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Develop a list of Google tools, and define what tasks can be accomplished with each tool
- Use Google tools to create projects that you can collaborate on with another teachers
- Create a lesson in which your students use Google tools
- Determine which Google tools your students may want to use to develop a project
- Define in simple steps for your students how to use Google tools to create projects
Internet search skills and basic computer skills
- Internet access
- Computer with a webcam (optional, needed for the Google Certified Educator Level One exam only)