Atomic Learning is a collection of hundreds of free online training and professional development video tutorials for educators. As educators, we all know that there is never enough time in the school year to search for and review new technology. With that in mind, every quarter the SABES PD Center for Distance Learning and Technology Support will showcase five Atomic Learning tutorials for you to try in your classroom.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Both instructional and non-instructional program staff who are seeking technological tools to impact student learning, further encourage digital literacy integration, and improve overall program operations
First quarter Atomic Learning tutorials are:
- Tech for Students with Learning Disabilities: In this series of short videos, you will learn how to use tech tools to support the reading, writing, and organizational skills of students with learning disabilities.
- QR Codes in the Classroom: In this series of short videos, you will learn how to create and save QR codes and how to use them in an out of the classroom.
- Twitter for Educators: We have all seen the power of Twitter. In this series of short videos, Twitter for Educators, you will examine provided examples of how Twitter can be part of instruction and how to use Twitter to access educational experts from around the world.
- Tech Integration Tips and Tricks: This series of short videos highlight a number of online tools such as using interactive presentation tools to create more engaging presentations, creating a custom search engine to streamline your Internet search for quality resources, and using online quiz generators.
- Kahoot: Kahoot allows you to gather data to inform your instruction in real time. It can be accessed through the Internet from different devices, to include cell phones. The short videos will present how to create pre-assessment, formative, and summative assessments and how to launch a survey in class for your learners to complete on their cell phone, tablet, or computer.
Schedule (registration is ongoing throughout the quarter):
- First quarter tutorials run from October 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- Second quarter tutorials run from January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018
- Third quarter tutorials run from April 1, 2018 to June 1, 2018
You will receive one professional development (PD) hour for each tutorial after completing the tutorial and sharing your experiences on the discussion board.
Please note: Registration is ongoing. You cannot access this online course from the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College with instructions on how to access the course.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify one or two technological tools to help support digital literacy integration in your adult education program or classroom
- Describe your experience with the use of these new tools and their impact on student learning and/or program operations