SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
In this three-part workshop, we explore the basic building blocks of English from the point of view of English language learners: What are the sounds in English, and why are some of them so difficult...
We are excited to announce a new page on the SABES ELA website: Text Sets . More than a collection of resources on a topic, text sets are curated and sequenced short collections of resources, with a...
Facing History & Ourselves is a Massachusetts education nonprofit with many great resources that can be adapted or used as is for adult education. Their powerful motto is: People Make Choices...
Assessment is crucial to successful instruction, and research has shown that when done effectively, formative assessment can actually improve student outcomes in addition to providing information...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.