Welcome to the SABES English Language Arts Curriculum and Instruction Professional Development Center!
Also known as the SABES ELA C&I PD Center, the SABES ELA Center, or the ELA PD Center, we exist to provide adult education programs throughout Massachusetts with professional development, resources, and support related to ELA, acting on behalf of ACLS.
Our resources, support, and professional development offerings focus on:
- ELA curriculum and instruction that:
- Interaction and reflection that results in growth for practitioners and students, such as:
- Classroom observation and feedback aligned with the ELA Proficiency Guide and the College & Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE)
- Effective interactions between directors and teachers
- Working on curriculum and instruction through teacher reflection groups like Critical Friends for ELA and through Coaching as well as through other professional development