Welcome to the SABES English Language Arts Curriculum and Instruction Professional Development Center!
Also known as the SABES ELA C&I PD Center, the SABES ELA Center, or the ELA PD Center, we exist to provide adult education programs throughout Massachusetts with professional development, resources, and support related to ELA, acting on behalf of ACLS.
Our resources, support, and professional development offerings focus on:
- ELA curriculum and instruction that:
- Interaction and reflection that results in growth for practitioners and students, such as:
- Classroom observation and feedback aligned with the Educator Growth and Evaluation (EGE) cycle
- Effective interactions between directors and teachers
- Working on curriculum and instruction through teacher reflection groups like Critical Friends for ELA and through Coaching as well as through other professional development
- Register for ELA PD (online, face-to-face, and blended)
- Host a PD event at your site
- Work with one of our ELA Coaches
- Access resources through our website
- Read our blog, Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner
- Receive notifications whenever we post news, resources, or PD events on the ELA website
- Receive the SABES newsletter, issued three times per year
- Bring us your ELA challenges! Connect with Merilee Freeman, ELA C&I PD Center Director and STAR State Coordinator, at 508-854-4296 or email@example.com.