Student CLAS-E Writing Assessment Items Needed
- In preparation for the annual TABE CLAS-E Writing recertification test in March, ACLS and the SABES PD Center for Assessment needs sample items of student-written responses to CLAS-E Expository Writing items 1-5 of all Levels (1-4).
- Please send samples to Joan Ford, Director of SABES PD Center for Assessment, 777 Elsbree Street, Bldg. Q, Fall River, MA 02720 or email@example.com. Do not include student names or scores on the items.
Formative Assessment Trainings ………. Beginning November 18 in Cambridge and January 29 in Worcester
- Did you know research has demonstrated that high quality assessment for learning has a significant impact on student learning and motivation, representing a positive strategy for closing achievement gaps?
- Did you know that Learning Targets (also known as learning outcomes, learning objectives, standards, expectations, etc.) form the foundation of teaching and assessment in adult basic education? Nevertheless, learning targets are sometimes worded in such a way that they are unclear, unnecessarily complex, or open to interpretation.
- Do you know which assessment methods are and are not appropriate for each of the five types of learning targets?
- Join us in Cambridge or Worcester for the following trainings:
- Formative Assessment Training #1: Assessment for and of Learning
- Formative Assessment Training #2: Learning Targets for ABE students
- Formative Assessment Training #3: Sound Assessment Design
- In the first training, Formative Assessment Training #1: Assessment for and of Learning, participants will learn to differentiate between assessments, identify uses and users, and critique their own practice.
- In the second training, Formative Assessment Training #2: Learning Targets for ABE students, participants will learn which assessment methods are and are not appropriate for each of the five types of learning targets. They will also analyze assessments to determine if their learning targets match the assessment method(s) used. Further, participants will practice developing assessment plans, or blueprints, by defining the importance, depth, and breadth of the learning targets being assessed, as well as plan for how to involve adult learners in assessment planning and development.
- In the third training, Formative Assessment Training #3: Sound Assessment Design, participants will learn to classify all learning targets into one of five target types and break them down as necessary to facilitate teaching and assessment. This workshop will also focus on how to make learning targets clear to learners and how to use targets to involve learners in the assessment process and in directing their own learning.
Please register on the SABES calendar www.sabes.org.