For starters, our new name is the SABES ESOL Curriculum and Instruction Professional Development Center, a.k.a. the ESOL C&I PD Center. We are now centrally located at Quinsigamond Community College (QCC) in Worcester (and no longer have an office in Holyoke).
Our Director, Dori McCormack, has relocated to QCC. Our Instructional Technology Coordinator, Kate Anderson, is now working with us full-time, developing online and blended PD, and helping presenters and participants successfully engage with technology. Check out the new video Kate created: http://sabes.org/pd-center/esol
Laura Porter is our new Program Coordinator. In addition to providing PD on a range of subjects, Laura is helping the ESOL C&I PD Center get all of our PD out to you.
We will be collaborating with English for New Bostonians on:
- Teaching Basic Literacy to ELLs
- ESOL for Parents and Caregivers
- Career Options for ELLs – Including Entrepreneurship
- Strengthening our connection to Boston-based ESOL programs
- And more!
We have added to our PD offerings:
- Using Mobile Devices to Teach and Learn ESOL
- Teaching Young Adult and Adolescent ELLs
- Teaching English to Adults with Learning Difficulties
And we will be working more closely with ESOL program directors on curriculum and instruction and the Educator Growth and Evaluation (EGE) Cycle.