In this online training available 24/7, you will learn how to accurately administer both the reading and mathematics assessments of the Massachusetts Adult Proficiency Test (MAPT) so that students’ learning gains are reported accurately.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Practitioners from ACLS-funded programs who require training to accurately administer both the reading and mathematics MAPT assessments
This eight-module online training takes approximately one hour to complete and replaces the face-to-face version of the MAPT Administration Training. For each module, you will read some information relating to one aspect of the MAPT and administration procedures. The eight modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Background on the MAPT, What It Measures, and How it Works
- Module 2: The Components of the MAPT
- Module 3: Getting Ready with OWL and the MAPT System
- Module 4: Walking Through Login and the Student Home Page
- Module 5: Sample Questions and Practice Tests
- Module 6: Administration of the MAPT for Reading and the MAPT for Math
- Module 7: MAPT Results: Interpreting and Using MAPT Test Scores
- Module 8: Key Administration Policies for the MAPT
To register for the MAPT online training, visit this link: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cOzTFuhOmYmilX7
When you have completed all modules, you will be certified to administer the MAPT, and a confirmation page will load. You will also receive an email confirmation that you have completed the training, which you can keep for your records and forward to your program director as needed. ACLS and the Center for Educational Assessment at UMass-Amherst will automatically receive notification that you completed the training, so you will not need to contact either organization.
MAPT Policy Information:
For more information on the new ACLS policy for the MAPT Administration Training, see the ACLS Assessment webpage: http://www.doe.mass.edu/acls/assessment/
Please consult the MAPT Policy manual found on the ACLS website to determine if your program is required to use MAPT to measure educational gain: http://www.doe.mass.edu/acls/assessment/MAPTpolicy.pdf
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at email@example.com or call 413-545-1184.
ACLS recommends that programs maintain at least two certified test administrators for each test the program administers.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of standardized assessment
- Accurately administer the MAPT assessments for both reading and mathematics
- Understand the importance of the MAPT sample and practice questions
- Interpret MAPT scores
Assessment Basics webinar: This webinar-based training consists of two videos followed by questions. The first video describes what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, and how to interpret different types of test scores. The second video explains what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes and provides an overview of the ACLS assessment policies. Assessment Basics is available 24/7 and takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
You must complete this webinar before starting the MAPT Administration online training.