In this online training available 24/7, you will learn how to administer and score levels E, M, D, and A of the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Forms 11/12.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Practitioners from ACLS-funded programs who require training to accurately administer and score the TABE 11/12 assessment.
This five-module online training takes approximately one hour to complete and replaces the previous face-to-face version of this training. For each module, you will read some information relating to one aspect of the TABE 11/12 administration and scoring procedures, then answer a few questions. The five modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Overview of the TABE system
- Module 2: What to do before administering the TABE 11/12
- Module 3: Administering the Locator Test for First-Time Test Takers
- Module 4: Administering the TABE 11/12 – What to do during testing?
- Module 5: Scoring the TABE 11/12
To register for and complete the TABE Forms 11/12 online training, visit this link: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3QtE1ig2K8bM8AJ
When you have completed all modules, you will be certified to administer and score the TABE 11/12, and a confirmation page will load. You will also receive an email confirmation that you have completed the training, which you can keep for your records and forward to your program director as needed. ACLS and the Center for Educational Assessment at UMass-Amherst will automatically receive notification that you completed the training, so you will not need to contact either organization.
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at email@example.com or call 413-545-1184.
ACLS recommends that programs maintain at least two certified test administrators for each test the program administers.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and components of the TABE 11/12
- Administer, score, and interpret the TABE Locator to determine the correct TABE level (among levels E through A) to give a learner
- Administer, score, and interpret results from the TABE 11/12
Assessment Basics webinar: This pre-recorded webinar takes approximately 25 minutes and covers what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes, and what the ACLS assessment policies are. In order to successfully complete the webinar, practitioners are prompted to answer six questions at the end.
You must complete this webinar before starting the TABE 11/12 Administration online training.