In this online training available 24/7, you will learn how to administer and score the reading component of the Tests of Adult Basic Education Complete Language Assessment System–English (TABE CLAS-E).
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Practitioners from ACLS-funded programs who require training to accurately administer the TABE CLAS-E Reading
This five-module online training takes approximately one hour and a half to complete and replaces the face-to-face version of the CLAS-E Reading Training. For each module, you will read some information relating to one aspect of the CLAS-E Reading administration and scoring procedures. The five modules are as follows:
- Module 1: CLAS-E Reading Overview
- Module 2: What to Do Before Administering the CLAS-E Reading
- Module 3: Administering the Locator Interview and Locator Test for First-Time Test Takers
- Module 4: Administering the CLAS-E Reading – What to Do During Testing
- Module 5: Scoring the CLAS-E Reading
To register for and complete the CLAS-E Reading online training, visit this link: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eWi6fiTUS4otvDL
When you have completed all modules, you will be certified to administer and score the CLAS-E Reading, and a confirmation page will load. You will also receive an email confirmation that you have completed the training, which you can keep for your records and forward to your program director as needed. ACLS and the Center for Educational Assessment at UMass-Amherst will automatically receive notification that you completed the training, so you will not need to contact either organization.
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at email@example.com or call 413-545-1184.
ACLS recommends that programs maintain at least two certified test administrators for each test the program administers.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and components of the TABE CLAS-E Reading assessment
- Administer, score, and interpret the CLAS-E Locator to determine the correct CLAS-E Reading level to administer to a student
- Administer, score, and interpret results from the TABE CLAS-E Reading assessment
Assessment Basics webinar: This pre-recorded webinar takes approximately 25 minutes and covers what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes, and what the ACLS assessment policies are. In order to successfully complete the webinar, practitioners are prompted to answer six questions at the end.
You must complete this webinar before starting the CLAS-E Reading Administration and Scoring online training.