In this webinar, an experienced BEST Plus 2.0 trainer will go over the recertification process, offer scoring tips, and answer questions about recertification and scoring to help test administrators prepare for a successful recertification season.
- Participants cannot access the webinar from the SABES website. Upon registering, you will receive a separate email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
- Practitioners whose certification or recertification scores were RRR for three consecutive years (from FY2015 through FY2017 or FY2016 through FY2018) do not need to recertify in FY2019.
- Practitioners who became initially certified as BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators in FY2019 (starting on July 1, 2018) will only need to recertify in FY2020.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- MA practitioners from DESE-funded programs preparing for annual recertification as BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators.
To ensure scoring accuracy statewide, BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators need to be recertified by:
- Taking part in a scoring refresher
- Successfully completing a 30-minute scoring activity
- Administering a minimum of 10 BEST Plus 2.0 tests within the last fiscal year
This Q&A webinar will be an opportunity to learn more about the recertification process, get recertification and scoring advice from an expert, and find out answers to BEST Plus scoring and recertification questions such as “Where can I find the recertification materials?”, “What happens if I don’t do well?”, and “What are some ways to make my scoring more objective?”
The one-hour webinar will consist of a short presentation followed by Q&A time. Practitioners are encouraged to submit their questions ahead of time by emailing email@example.com and using the subject line “Webinar question.” It will also be possible to ask questions during the webinar using a built-in chat feature.
We recommend that participants complete a Scoring Refresher (following the instructions in the Assessment Policies manual) prior to this webinar and send any questions that come up during the Refresher to firstname.lastname@example.org. If that is not possible, consider flipping through the Scoring Refresher Workbook in preparation for the webinar (it may help you identify some areas of confusion that can be addressed by the webinar facilitator).
This year, the window to complete the BEST Plus 2.0 recertification process will be from February 1 to March 29.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Understand the steps required for BEST Plus 2.0 recertification
- Know where find BEST Plus 2.0 recertification resourcesObtain answers to your questions about BEST Plus 2.0 recertification and scoring
There are no mandatory prerequisites. As stated above, we recommend that participants complete a Scoring Refresher (following the instructions in the Assessment Policies manual) prior to this webinar and send any questions that come up during the Refresher to email@example.com. If that is not possible, consider flipping through the Scoring Refresher Workbook in preparation for the webinar—it may help you identify some areas of confusion that can be addressed by the webinar facilitator.