Alphabetics is one of the four essential components of reading. These four videos on Phonemic Awareness, each 5-6 minutes in length, are from the...
The SABES ELA C&I PD Center, based at QCC in Worcester, provides ELA PD and support for adult education programs throughout Massachusetts.
Register now for the following events taking place in September and October; find all upcoming ELA PD by searching the Calendar or by going to ELA Upcoming Events. All PD will be delivered online until further notice, from self-paced modules to live webinars to multi-layered courses.
- 9/21, facilitated 1-week course: ELA Online Instructional Strategies: opens 9/21, with live webinars on 9/24 & 9/29
- 9/30, webinar: Teaching STAR Online: Comprehension & Alphabetics
- 10/1, recorded webinar (available through October): Overview of EBRI - October
- 10/5, facilitated 6-week course: EBRI: Diagnostic Assessments of Reading
- 10/8, facilitated 8-week course: The Professional Adult Educator
- 10/9, recorded webinar (available through October): Remotely Administer Diagnostic Reading Assessments
- 10/13, self-paced 4-week course: Introduction to Learning Disabilities in Adults
- 10/14, webinar (part 1 of 2): Evidence-Based Writing Strategies: Writing Fluency
- 10/16, webinar: The Trauma-Informed Classroom
- 10/22, self-paced, 7 weeks: Hoonuit for Online Tools (Video Tutorials)
- 10/23, facilitated 6-week course: History and Science Made Memorable Through Multimedia
Contact ELA C&I Center Director, Merilee Freeman, to request a coach or specific PD for FY21:
- call (508-854-4296)
- e-mail (email@example.com), or
- select the purple “Contact this PD Center” button, below.
Looking for Resources? Scroll down for highlighted resources under ELA: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. See also:
- College & Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE) collected resources for curriculum and instruction
- Curriculum (including Text Complexity, Text Sets)
- Connections to other subjects and other organizations
- Evidence-Based Reading Instruction (EBRI), including STAR
- ELA Proficiency Guide
- Standards and Frameworks
- ELA Blog: Reflect & Connect--The Reflective Practitioner
Be well--we look forward to supporting you and seeing you online this year.
ELA: Upcoming Events
Is your program continuing remote instruction this fall, or will you have the opportunity for blended learning? Either way, do...
STAR Teachers: Hear and share ideas for how to successfully teach Comprehension and Alphabetics in an online class.
This one hour online training is for teachers and directors who want to be prepared to use the ELA Proficiency...
Fluency is one of the four essential components of reading. This series of seven videos on Improving Fluency with Oral Reading Strategies is from the...
Fluency and Vocabulary are two of the four essential components of reading. Watch Wendy Quinones in action, teaching at the Cambridge Community...