This is a curated list of resources and on-demand professional development for those working on, or planning, MassSTEP programs (IET and IELCE programs).
For all MassSTEP guidance from ACLS (Adult and Community Learning Services), please refer to the MassSTEP ACLS webpage, which includes the MassSTEP Guidelines, Mission, Vision and Values, Directory of current programs, and How to apply.
Developing MassSTEP Program:
- Integrated Education and Training Design Toolkit: The Integrated Education and Training Design Toolkit guides teams or individuals through the planning process for identifying, designing, and implementing an integrated education and training (IET) program that incorporates learner and employer needs.
- Integrated Education and Training 101: This is a summary of the basic composition and requirements of an IET program, as mandated by WIOA.
Developing MassSTEP Curriculum:
- Developing Basic Skills Curriculum for an IET: A Guide for the Pathways to Employment Program: This guide has been developed by Penn State University’s Institute for the Study of Adult Literacy (ISAL). The guide will help IET/IELCE programs and their partners adapt existing curriculum and/or develop new basic skills curriculum to help adult education students successfully complete occupational skills training and move forward on a career path.
- Designing IET Programs: The Single Set of Learning Objectives: This provides an introductory explanation and support for programs developing the single set of learning objectives for IET/IELCE programs.
- Planning for your IET Road Trip: Real Talk about SSLOs: This webinar provides a review of the team-driven approach to developing a Single Set of Learning Objectives (SSLOs) that will guide a successful IET program.
- Using ACES/TIF to Develop Workplace Preparation Activities: This webinar focuses on the workforce or workplace preparation activities required as part of any IET program.
Improving MassSTEP Program:
- Career Pathways Checklist: The Career Pathways Checklist is a way to ensure that your newly developed or existing workforce development/MassSTEP program meets the requirements for “career pathways” as described in section (3)(7) of WIOA.
- Integrated Education & Training (IET): Building Career Pathways for Participants at Every Skill Level: This document explains the three components of an IET as outlined in WIOA: Adult Education and Literacy, Workforce Preparation, and Workforce Training, and provides example overviews of how the three components of an IET could look in various sectors and at various student skill levels.
- Compendium of Innovative Practices: Adult Education Bridge Programs and Integrated Education and Training (IET) Programs: The Advancing Innovation in Adult Education team is identifying and highlighting innovative practices in Integrated Education and Training (IET) programs. This compendium of five innovative practices is intended to increase adult education professionals’ knowledge about and interest in developing new products and processes.
- Integrated Education and Training: Implementing Programs in Diverse Contexts: This guide from the National College Transition Network (NCTN) shares how eight IET programs in diverse settings around the country (including Boston) are integrating education and training. The guide emphasizes the importance of tailoring your program design to the needs and resources of your local community.
- Contextualized Instruction Using Google Classroom & Supporting Hands-On Instruction and Demos Done Remotely: Delivering effective integrated education and training remotely can be an especially challenging task. This webinar recording shares two tools for remote IET instruction: Google Classroom and remote demos and hands-on instruction.