The SABES English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Curriculum and Instruction Professional Development Center is based at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts and serves Adult ESOL teachers and programs throughout the state. Our center provides high-quality professional development and resources on a range of topics including:
- Effective ESOL instructional strategies
- Contextualized unit and lesson planning
- The MA English Language Proficiency Standards
- Intercultural awareness
- Principles of second language acquisition
- Formative assessment
- The components of the English language
- Brain-based learning and teaching
- and many more.
To see what we are offering this year, check out our Upcoming Events below.
For full descriptions and to register for our PD offerings, explore the SABES Calendar using the tab above. And for more information on a range of ESOL topics, check out our extensive resources below!
If you have any questions, please contact our director, Dori McCormack, at email@example.com.