The SABES ESOL C&I PD Center is here to support your efforts to provide meaningful learning opportunities for your students while you adapt to remote instruction, and to provide meaningful PD for you during this time of crisis.
We are all seeking resources to share with students to assist them in accessing needed goods and services. Please review and share the resources gathered by our ESOL staff provided here: ESOL Resources for Covid-19.
Currently scheduled online PD includes:
- Instructional Strategies and Study Skills for Students with Language-Based Learning Disabilities (3 parts): Wednesdays: April 29th , May 6th , May 13th, 9:30AM - 11:30AM, with an optional Q&A session on Wednesday, June 3rd from 9:30AM – 10:30AM
- Beginners’ Mind: Learning How to Teach Beginning ELs Remotely (2 Parts): Wednesday, May 6th 1:00 – 2:30 PM, and Friday, May 8th 1:00-2:30 PM.
- Integrating Skills for Academic and Professional Success with Advanced ELs (2 Parts): Friday, May 22nd 10:00AM – 12:00 pm, and Friday, May 29 10:00AM – 12:00PM.
Coming soon! Keep an eye on the calendar for these online courses:
- Creating Your Remote Presence – Delivering Instruction in the Virtual World
- Formative Assessment (Rubrics, Checklists, and Other Tools) and How to Readily Do Them Online
- Trauma-Informed Instruction
- Brainstorming Instructional Techniques in a Remote World – Learn and Share Session
Don’t forget about the many resources found on the ESOL website, including:
- Fabulous Zoom Resources from recent sessions: Using Zoom for ESOL Instruction
- Videos and supporting materials on using WhatsApp and Quizlet for ESOL Learners
- Overview of MA ELPS - 3 video series
- ESOL Instructional Videos - 4 in all!
If you are looking for a particular topic that you do not see here—or is currently full—please contact Dori McCormack, ESOL C&I PD Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to meet your needs.
We are thinking of you all and wishing you good health.
—The ESOL PD Center Team