The SABES ESOL C&I PD Center is here to support your efforts to provide meaningful learning opportunities for your students while you adapt to remote instruction, and to provide meaningful PD for you during this time of crisis.
We are all seeking resources to share with students to assist them in accessing needed goods and services. Please review and share the resources gathered by our ESOL staff provided here: ESOL Resources for Covid-19.
Currently scheduled online PD includes:
- The Introduction to the ESOL Professional Standards - Starts April 1
- Tips and Tools for Transitioning to Remote ESOL Instruction - April 1 (Waitlist only)
- Tips and Tools for Transitioning to Remote ESOL Instruction - April 3 (Waitlist only)
- Circle for Teaching Basic Literacy to Adult English Learners - April 9
- Principles of Second Language Acquisition - April 9 (Waitlist only)
The following online courses will be coming soon:
- Using Zoom for ESOL Instruction
- Creating Your Remote Presence – Delivering Instruction in the Virtual World
- Formative Assessment (Rubrics, Checklists, and Other Tools) and How to Readily Do Them Online
- Teaching Beginning Level Learners Reading and Research Strategies in an Online Class
- Teaching Advanced ELs Reading and Research in an online class
Don’t forget about the many resources found on the ESOL website, including:
- Videos and supporting materials on using WhatsApp and Quizlet for ESOL Learners
- Overview of MA ELPS - 3 video series
- ESOL Instructional Videos - 4 in all!
If you are looking for a particular topic that you do not see here—or is currently full—please contact Dori McCormack, ESOL C&I PD Center Director, at email@example.com and we will do our best to meet your needs.
We are thinking of you all and wishing you good health.
—The ESOL PD Center Team