Within this PDF, you will find links to valuable tips about ESOL teaching best practices by viewing these videos created by the SABES ESOL PD Center...
Fall is upon us and the SABES ESOL C&I PD Center is happy to welcome you back to school! We continue to develop and deliver high-quality professional development opportunities to support your instructional practices in the remote, blended, or face-to-face environment.
Please check the SABES calendar and the ESOL Resources pages regularly as courses and resources are being added and updated often.
Fully online courses currently on the calendar include:
- Zoom Roundtable – Come hear colleagues discuss their Zoom successes, challenges, and best practices in an informal roundtable setting
- The Professional Adult Educator
- WhatsApp Roundtable
- Integrating Skills for the Academic and Professional Success of Advanced English Learners
Along with what you will find on the SABES calendar, the following online courses will be coming soon:
- Google Drive/Docs/Forms Roundtable- Listen to your peers as they share their uses for these invaluable tools in the remote environment
- Zoom Mobile – Experience the Zoom mobile app with this hands-on course
- And more on Google Docs and Forms, WhatsApp, Differentiated Instruction!
And don’t forget about the many resources found in the ESOL resources including:
- Videos and supporting materials on using WhatsApp and Quizlet for ESOL Learners (excerpted from our Going Mobile PD)
- Overview of MA ELPS - 3 video series
- Instructional Videos - 4 in all!
- COMING SOON: Self-paced resources which will include recordings and supporting materials from recent Google Docs, Forms, WhatsApp, and Zoom courses
- COMING SOON: Remote Instruction Demonstration Videos – brief best practices selections from your colleagues
If you are looking for a particular topic that you do not see here—or is currently full—please contact Dori McCormack, ESOL C&I PD Center Director, at email@example.com and we will do our best to meet your needs.
We are thinking of you all and wishing you good health.
—The ESOL PD Center Team
ESOL: Upcoming Events
POSTPONED - How Do Adults Learn English? An Exploration of Second Language Acquisition Principles - November (Online)
This online webinar series provides you with an overview of second language acquisition (SLA) theories and principles, with a focus...
Interested in maximizing Google tools such as Docs, Forms, and Classroom to enhance your instruction and increase students’ accessibility to...
ESOL: Resources, Research and Curriculum
This resource is comprised of two separate components: the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards (MA ELPS) document, and three overview...
Please view our library of recorded sessions below. You will not find all of our courses here as some do not lend themselves to recording due to the...