The SABES professional development center for English Language Arts Curriculum and Instruction (aka ELA C&I PD Center) is based at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts. We provide high-quality professional development (PD) and support for adult education programs throughout Massachusetts on topics related to ELA instruction, curriculum, and standards, including evidence-based reading instruction (EBRI) and Student Achievement in Reading (STAR).
These are unusual times.
Download our handy one-page guide to the ELA website, and explore:
- Resources: Go directly to one of our curated collection pages:
- ELA Proficiency Guide
- Curriculum (including Text Complexity, Text Sets, CCRSAE, and Connections to other subjects, including COVID-19 resources)
- EBRI, including STAR
- Also: Highlighted resources appear below on this page under ELA: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. Search for resources by using the search box located at the top of this page, or by selecting the Resource Library link at the top of this page.
- PD: See all ELA Events (also listed below), or search the SABES PD Calendar. See also:
- News: View all ELA news
- Check for news under ELA: What’s New
- Select Sign Up for Notifications to receive email alerts about newly posted news, resources, and PD opportunities.
- Blog: Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner is written by practitioners in the field and members of our team.
Contact Merilee Freeman, ELA C&I Director, to request an ELA coach, bring ELA PD to your program, suggest a resource, or ask a question: Call (508-854-4296), E-mail (email@example.com) or select the purple “Contact this PD Center” button, below.