The SABES professional development center for English Language Arts Curriculum and Instruction (aka ELA C&I PD Center) is based at Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, Massachusetts. Our center provides high-quality professional development (PD) and support for adult education programs throughout Massachusetts on topics related to ELA instruction, curriculum, and standards, including evidence-based reading instruction (EBRI) and Student Achievement in Reading (STAR).
Get up to speed with "To the Point" concise briefings on:
- WIOA, EBRI, & STAR
- The ELA Proficiency Guide & the MA Prof. Standards for Teachers of Adult Education
Download our handy one-page guide to the ELA website, and explore:
- PD: Search for scheduled PD opportunities through ELA Events, below, or the SABES PD Calendar. See our suggested sequence of PD.
- Resources: Highlighted resources appear below on this page under ELA: Resources, Research, and Curriculum. Search for resources by using the search box located at the top of this page, by selecting the Resource Library link at the top of this page, or by going directly to one of our curated collection pages:
- Curriculum (including text complexity and text sets)
- Connections (to subjects such as science, social studies, civics, and study skills
- EBRI, including STAR
- Standards (including the CCRSAE)
- News: Check for news under ELA: What’s New, and select Sign Up for Notifications to receive email alerts about newly posted news, resources, and PD opportunities.
- Blog: Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner is written by practitioners in the field and members of our team.
Contact Merilee Freeman, Director, to request an ELA coach, bring ELA PD to your program, suggest a resource, or ask a question:
- or select the purple “Contact this PD Center” button below