SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
An effective ESOL curriculum for adult learners is based on standards designed to help them reach their goals as working people, engaged community participants, and lifelong learners. The lessons...
This introduction to the Math Proficiency Guide is a face-to-face, 2.5-hour workshop for teachers and directors who want to be prepared to use the MA Professional Standards for Teachers and Math...
Teaching math in a multi-level classroom can be challenging for teachers. One format for addressing this challenge is utilizing parallel tasks, which are sets of tasks that address the same math...
This focus of the first part of this sharing group will be a presentation and discussion on incorporating volunteers into programs and volunteer recognition. You are welcome to bring resources...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.