SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
Frustrated that your students continue to struggle with word problems? You might think it's because they don't read carefully enough, but it could be that they don't know how to make sense of the...
At the CALM Support Sessions , we facilitate discussions as you share new ideas, ask questions regarding CALM, and explore solutions to issues unique to your environment. Through sharing, you will...
Research indicates that the ability to read complex text is an important predictor of college and career readiness. For this reason, preparing learners to tackle complex texts is a major goal of the...
Three monthly virtual sessions (1.5 hours each) that are connected through ongoing discussions, will introduce a wide range of mobile applications, both popular and less familiar. You will select and...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.