SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
Do you teach or tutor reading at the 0–3.9 GLE range? Do you feel comfortable teaching phonemic awareness, phonological awareness, and phonics, with activities that correspond to your learners’...
What’s this all about? World Education, Inc. is coordinating a consortium of adult literacy programs and organizations to participate in the national Adult Literacy XPRIZE Communities Competition,...
Read the latest blog by Melissa Braaten of the SABES Math Center on The Case for Statistical Literacy Across Content Areas (Part 1) . This special cross-center piece currently appears on the SABES...
Holyoke, MA : SABES Learning for Leading Directors’ Cohorts launched October 19, at Holyoke Community College, with a focus on planning for program success. Fifteen adult education (AE) program...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.