SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
A text set on Japanese American Internment during World War II has been added to the ELA Text Sets collection. More than a collection of resources on a topic, text sets are curated and sequenced...
In this course, you will deepen your understanding of the statistical cycle and how to help students develop and apply basic concepts in statistical reasoning. Through hands-on activities and...
In this course, you will improve your ability to give productive feedback and make instructional decisions based on what students are generating in class. The course involves one online module (...
In case you missed, it, the Fall 2019 SABES Newsletter is hot off the press and ready for your viewing! This issue's theme is What's New at SABES , and highlights courses and opportunities for FY20...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.