SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
This resource is comprised of two separate components: the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards (MA ELPS) document, and three overview videos. First , the MA ELPS document—a revision...
Hot off the press: our ESOL Year-at-a-Glance calendar! Organized by quarter, this chart shows a list of courses and special events that we’ll be offering throughout the year. Please note the addition...
Did you know? This one-page summary is based on the Massachusetts Adult Education Standards for High Quality Professional Development (HQPD), the foundation of SABES PD. When printing, choose "Fit"...
Teaching math in a multi-level classroom can be challenging for teachers. One format for addressing this challenge is utilizing parallel tasks, which are sets of tasks that address the same math...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.