SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
First Literacy Lab grants provide up to $5,000 funding for the development, trial, and implementation of innovative adult education resources and practices. Grant proposals are due on Wednesday,...
The Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education (MA ELPS) are a revision of the Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Framework for ESOL . They integrate the College and Career...
The first part (3 hours) is an in-personworkshop where we will start from reviewing how to turn devices on and off, practice basic operations, and move on to simple ways to use the devices with...
In this course, you will identify the key components of college and career navigation and explore the skills, resources, and partnerships needed to be an effective navigator. This facilitated course...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.