SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
What information do you need to develop workplace education curriculum units and lessons? How will you gather workplace materials? How will you align instruction with the CCRSAE? We’ll discuss how to...
Read the latest on the SABES blog that focuses on teaching and learning in the adult education classroom: Integrating Statistics in the Content Areas , by Melissa Braaten, Haitian Multi-Service...
In this three-part workshop, we focus on the importance of using formative and summative assessments to guide and improve instruction. We consider the various purposes of assessment, such as...
“Coming to America” was the lesson topic, and the students of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) wrote and posed questions to one another about their experiences. However, this was no...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.