SABES, the Massachusetts adult education professional development (PD) system, provides high quality PD and support to increase educator effectiveness and strengthen programs.
SABES Professional Development
Curriculum & Instruction PD Centers
- Content knowledge
- Curriculum and instruction
- Instructional leadership
- Learning disabilities and difficulties
- Integration of digital literacy
- Diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment
- Professional standards
- Cultural competence
Additional Resources, PD, and Support
- Website, calendar, registration and SABES promotional activities
UMass Amherst training and support for
- administering and scoring required tests
- interpreting test results
- Massachusetts adult education system information and resources
- Partner PD organizations and events
What's New at SABES
Did you know that every resident in America is required by law to participate in the 2020 census? More importantly, did you know how full participation among all U.S. residents in the 2020 census is...
One of the key instructional shifts of the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE) is building knowledge, and one way to build knowledge in the classroom is with text sets...
This final Tech ‘n Tell webinar continues the work of helping you craft a pilot idea for a new or enhanced distance or blended learning program by introducing new ways of thinking about instruction...
This is a multi-session offering. The CALM Orientation is a full-day opportunity for both directors and teachers to begin to understand how CALM is different from traditional math teaching. Directors...
View upcoming events from the SABES PD Centers and ACLS on the SABES calendar.
Information about adult education programs and resources, online and at (800) 447-8844
Search available jobs or post openings here.