Read the latest blog by Melissa Braaten of the SABES Math Center on The Case for Statistical Literacy Across Content Areas (Part 1). This special cross-center piece currently appears on the SABES ELA blog Reflect & Connect: The Reflective Practitioner. Parts 1 and 2 of the piece will also appear in the SABES Math adult numeracy blog in the near future.
In other math news, also check out the SABES Math blog for the October 2018 piece by Sarah Lonberg-Lew entitled Making the Most of Word Problems. Or, if you're looking for a specific math topic, search 35+ previous posts by interest keyword from the blog. Here's a sample of some of our latest topics:
- How a Health Diagnosis Made My Math Skills All Too Relevant (And Why Math Education Is Critical for Public Health) September 12, 2018
- Some Help Hurts: Our Responsibility to Our Students July 20, 2018
- Calculator Use in Adult Education June 6, 2018
- Scale Diagrams as a Testing Strategy and a Teaching Opportunity April 26, 2018
- Differentiating Instruction with Parallel Tasks March 22, 2018