SABES Program Support PD Center: 2021 Summer Directors' Institute
Seasons of Change: Looking Ahead with Lessons Learned
Thanks to all those who attend this year's 2021 Summer Directors' Institute. We are pleased to share the PPTs, recordings, and other resources here so you can find them all in one place.
As always, please contact Luanne_teller@worlded.org if we can provide any additional information and support.
Your Follow-Up To-Do's
- Evaluation: Please complete the evaluation. Your feedback is essential to us!
- "We're Open' Recruitment Campaign: Please contact Alexandra_papagno@worlded.org by July 30, 2021 if you're interested in participating.
- Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline: Please check your program listing and contact Ruby_reyes@worlded.org to update it.
Documents and Planning Tools
- Guide to Recruiting, Onboarding, and Enrollment Strategies
- FY22 Action Planning Guide
- Access to the Change Agent for Free
- Access to the COABE Journal for Free
- ProLiteracy Brief: Digital Literacy and Technology Integration in Adult Basic Skills Education: A Review of the Research (Jen Vanek and Kathy Harris)
- QR Code for Session 1 Resources (shared by Kathy and Jen)
Fostering Resilience Post-Pandemic: Utilizing Classrooms as Healing Spaces
The following resources were shared as follow-up to Stacy Seward's session:
- Trauma and Learning: Impacts and Strategies for Adult Classroom Success
- Teaching During a Pandemic: A Model for Trauma-Informed Education and Administration
- Tips for Teachers During Times of Trauma
- Trauma Impacts Adult Learners: Here’s Why
- Trauma Informed Educational Program Checklist
- Welcome (Wyvonne) and Session 1: Integrating Digital Literacy (with Jen Vanek and Kathy Harris)
- Day 1 Q & A With Wyvonne, Wrap Up
- Session 2: Meeting Enrollment Targets: Strategies that Promote Recruitment, Onboarding, and Persistence (with Jen Brunelle, Cheri Shaw, and Pesha Black)
- Session 3: Stacy Seward: Fostering Resilience Post-Pandemic: Utilizing Classrooms as Healing Spaces