There are many standards, frameworks, and guidelines to mine for useful information and guidance.
College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE)
- Explore our gathered resources about the CCRSAE.
- View the old Massachusetts Frameworks for Adult Basic Education for reading, ELA, math, health, and social studies at the ACLS frameworks archive.
- Here is another link to the ELA Framework Revised Reading Strand.
- Just before Massachusetts adopted the CCRSAE, a state team wrote the Massachusetts ABE Science Curriculum Framework, Life Science Strand (2013).
- While old, the Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Framework for English for Speakers of Other Languages (2005) is still in use.
- GED ELA, Science, and Social Studies
- HiSET Test at a Glance
- Citizenship supplemental educational materials and online civics practice test from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Professional Standards for Teachers of Adult Basic Education in Massachusetts
Science Content Standards
Social Studies Content Standards
- Education World's collection of links to national standards for civics, economics, geography, and history
- National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies: A Framework for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- National Standards for the Preparation of Social Studies Teachers, from the National Council for the Social Studies
- Massachusetts K-12 History and Social Science Curriculum Framework (2018)