There are many standards, frameworks, and guidelines to mine for useful information and guidance.
College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE)
- Explore our gathered resources about the CCRSAE.
Massachusetts Professional Standards for Teachers of Adult Basic Education
- Review the ACLS page for the Professional Standards (for all teachers)
- Explore our gathered resources about the ELA Proficiency Guide, a companion to the MA Professional Standards
- The Next Generation Science Standards
- The NGSS Hub at the National Science Teachers Association
- Just before Massachusetts adopted the CCRSAE, a state team wrote the Massachusetts ABE Science Curriculum Framework, Life Science Strand (2013).
- Education World's collection of links to national standards for civics, economics, geography, and history
- National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies: A Framework for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- National Standards for the Preparation of Social Studies Teachers, from the National Council for the Social Studies
- Massachusetts K-12 History and Social Science Curriculum Framework (2018)
Other Massachusetts Frameworks
- Here is another link to the ELA Framework Revised Reading Strand.
- While old, the Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Framework for English for Speakers of Other Languages (2005) is still in use.
- View all the old Massachusetts Frameworks for Adult Basic Education for reading, ELA, math, health, and social studies at the ACLS frameworks archive.
High-Stakes TESTING Frameworks
- GED ELA, Science, and Social Studies
- HiSET Test at a Glance
- Citizenship supplemental educational materials and online civics practice test from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
HQPD STANDARDS for Massachusetts Adult Education Professional Development