The two-part workshop focuses on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESOL classroom and best practices for correcting students' pronunciation errors.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers of adult English language learners who would like to expand their repertoire of pronunciation teaching techniques
This workshop includes a face-to-face session and a follow-up webinar.
In the face-to-face session, you will:
- Explore various ways to seamlessly integrate pronunciation instruction into the content of your classroom
- Learn new activities and games that support explicit pronunciation instruction
- Determine what aspects of pronunciation to teach and which pronunciation features should be taught at each level
- Discuss best practices in correcting students' pronunciation errors
On Friday, December 7, 2018 from 9:00am - 10:00am, the workshop presenter will facilitate a one-hour follow-up webinar to support you in applying what you've learned. Your participation in this webinar is expected.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Dori McCormack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Assess and prioritize your students' pronunciation needs
- Apply a variety of tools for teaching pronunciation and correcting pronunciation errors
- Become familiar with classroom activities that create awareness and improvement of learners' pronunciation
- Gain knowledge regarding what pronunciation instruction is best for students at a given level
We recommend, though do not require, that you take the workshop on The Components of Language before participating in this workshop. See the SABES PD Center Events page for more information.