In this workshop, you will collaborate with your peers from workplace education programs to explore how to create curricula and learning opportunities that meet the needs, goals, and aspirations of students, as well as those of the employer.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Staff working on Workplace Education planning grants.
- Staff who are new to implementing Workplace Education programs and Planning and Evaluation Teams.
- Any staff who would like to learn strategies for engaging workplace/employer-based teams in a process of curriculum development and program evaluation.
What information do you need to develop workplace education curriculum units and lessons? How will you gather workplace materials? How will you align instruction with the CCRSAE? We’ll discuss how to get feedback to ensure your curriculum is current and meets the emerging needs of students and the workplace.
You will develop a unit of study during the workshop, and will need to bring one or more of the following:
- Your Workplace Needs Assessment report(s)
- Any authentic workplace materials you’ve gathered so far
- Any commercially published materials that you use
We will also have some materials and resources available for you to use, as well.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify three workplace topics to address in your curriculum.
- Develop a list of curriculum resources available at the workplace, in the classroom, and in your program.
- Design one workplace education unit of study.