Dr. Johan Uvin, president of the Institute for Educational Leadership and former Assistant Secretary for the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE), will present this four-hour workshop that focuses on cross-sector leadership, including the challenges and benefits of leading with WIOA and other core partners. You will learn about equity improvement processes to help position yourself as an influential partner across WIOA partnerships and beyond.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- All adult education program directors and members of their teams who engage with WIOA partners.
We are pleased and fortunate to welcome Dr. Johan Uvin to Massachusetts. In this four-hour, interactive session, Dr. Uvin will share actionable strategies and tools designed to assist in your efforts to cultivate relationships, leverage partnerships, and become increasingly influential leaders across the WIOA system and beyond.
You will identify key questions, challenges, and benefits related to your role as a partnership leader; consider how to identify and cultivate key partner relationships; review and use data that point to key inequities in the system to position yourself as an influential force; and identify process steps to follow in order to address equity issues.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Conduct a strategic network analysis to identify current assets and gaps.
- Determine ways to change the nature of key relationships so they are increasingly mutually beneficial in ways that positively impact adult learners.
- Identify key data and ways to use them to advance equity across WIOA and other system partners.
- Implement a series of cohesive process steps to address equity issues and position yourself as an influential force across the WIOA system and beyond.