This one-hour webinar presents a range of nontraditional training and employment options for English language learners. In the online discussion following the webinar, participants will suggest additional resources and share ideas for presenting this information to learners.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ESOL teachers and advisors whose learners may be looking for nontraditional training and employment options
Job-training programs and traditional routes to employment may not be the right fit for all adult language learners. This one-hour webinar explores alternative routes to, and different types of, employment, such as noncredit college classes, cooperatives, and self-employment. You also will learn about community agencies that provide career development support.
In the online discussion forum, you can share local educational, business, and legal resources, as well as ideas for integrating this information into language classes or advising sessions.
To receive credit, you must participate in both components. Total PD hours: 2
Date and times of the event:
- Webinar: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Online discussion forum: Tuesday, February 13 to Tuesday, February 26, 2019
For more information, contact Dori McCormack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Identify alternative training and employment options that fit the needs and circumstances of all students
- Draft a plan to share resources with students