Learn how the digital age has changed communication etiquette through two webinars.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Participants of all levels who communicate digitally (text, email, Facebook, etc.)
In these webinars, you will gain professional communication skills for social media and networking and learn how to recognize and handle negative situations when using email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, texting, online learning and mobile devices.
Session 1 – This session covers the different types of communication used in social media and the best practices for various settings. The session includes activities to help you acquire technical etiquette skills and an assigned project. After the session, you will continue discussions with other participants in an online course forum.
Session 2 – In this session, you will discuss and review each other's assigned project.
The workshop will span two weeks:
Session 1 webinar: 7/13/16, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Session 2 webinar: 7/20/16, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Define the techniquette terms introduced in this lesson
- Model two do's and two don'ts of online communication techniques for your students in the use of proper online communication, behavior, and respect
- Demonstrate an understanding of negative online communication behavior and counteractive measures
- Apply safe behavior while using email, texting, and social media and networking sites
- Create a lesson on technology etiquette for students to use these same techniques