In this new era of accountability under WIOA, do you believe that you are first and foremost accountable to the adult learners in your program? Are you looking for innovative ways to accelerate their learning, promote successful outcomes, and better support their planning and transitions to next steps? Do you strive to maximize the effectiveness of the time that your teachers and learners spend in your program?
ACLS policy asks programs to “engage in a continuous improvement planning process that involves all stakeholders”, and IPQ 8 guides programs to “engage in a continuous improvement planning process with the goal of improving student outcomes.”
The Planning for Continuous Improvement (PCI) PD is designed to help program directors convene and lead an inclusive planning team to effectively implement an ongoing, cyclical continuous improvement process informed by data that strengthens instruction, learning, and student outcomes.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- both novice and experienced program directors, as well as members of their teams they designate, who wish to engage in an inclusive continuous improvement planning process that accelerates students’ learning and outcomes.
This multi-session PD event is comprised of three initial face-to-face PD sessions, in between which you will develop and implement a continuous improvement team, process, and plan in your program. In this third session, you will learn a process for developing and prioritizing goals, objectives, action plans, and indicators of success as the basis of a continuous improvement plan that is designed to promote meaningful change and that strengthens instruction, learning, and student outcomes
You will benefit from networking and shared learning across programs throughout this process. In addition to customized coaching from SABES presenters to support your individual program goals and needs, you will give and receive feedback from peer partners. Each program will share its final plan, progress, accomplishments, and reflections with colleagues at a fourth and final PCI Summit networking session in FY20.
The PCI PD is designed to be of adequate intensity and duration to promote meaningful program change. Program directors are expected to attend all sessions and complete this PD in its entirety. You are welcome to include additional members of your planning team throughout the PD and coaching process. You will only register once via the calendar for this first session, which will automatically register you for all other PCI sessions.
Schedule: Please see the attachment at the end of the calendar posting for more details and descriptions for each session.
- Preparing to Plan: February 11 : 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Snow date, February 25)
- Leading with Data for Continuous Improvement: March 4: 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Snow date, March 18)
- Developing a Continuous Improvement Plan: April 22: 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (No snow date, fingers crossed!)
- PCI Summit (FY 20): Reflecting on the Planning Process and Plan: November, 2019, date TBD by the group
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Analyze at least three specific sources of data to inform the development of meaningful program improvement goals.
- Use an inclusive process to prioritize focus areas for a goal.
- Develop a SMART continuous improvement goal.
- Align objectives and activities to the goal.
- Write at least one indicator of success for a goal and three measurable benchmarks for an objective.
- Identify at least three potential pitfalls in the planning process and develop a strategy to deal with each.
- Chart a process and timeline for monitoring and evaluation of the plan.