The BEST Plus 2.0 test is administered individually through a face-to-face oral interview designed to assess the English language proficiency of adult English language learners.
The BEST Plus 2.0 training is designed for practitioners working in programs funded by ESE-ACLS and who intend to become BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators.
Please read the Description for details about the test administrator training process. If you feel you cannot complete all of the steps within the required timeframe, please refrain from registering for this training. The training need is great and we hope to offer the BEST Plus 2.0 certification to as many practitioners as space allows.
Please know that if you are currently certified in Massachusetts to administer BEST Plus, you are already certified to administer BEST Plus 2.0.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ACLS funded practitioners who need to be trained as BEST Plus 2.0 test administrators, Novice Level
The BEST Plus 2.0 six-hour training is the first step in the process to become certified to administer the BEST Plus 2.0 test. Within three weeks following the training, the following two steps must be completed.
Trainees must practice administering the Test with a minimum of five non-native speakers plus five other individuals that may include non-native speakers. These practice tests may not be administered to students who use the BEST Plus 2.0 to show gain. To access these tests, trainees must use software provided by their program site.
Trainees must complete a scoring activity using software provided by their program site.
You are encouraged to speak with your program director or ESOL coordinator prior to registering.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of standardized assessment
- Recognize the importance of assessing students' language abilities
- Administer and score the Best Plus 2.0 computer-adaptive oral interview
- Run the Best Plus 2.0 Test Administration Program
- Interpret Best Plus 2.0 scores
Participant must have:
- English fluency level of SPL 9 or above
- Experience and comfort interacting with nonnative English speakers
- Basic comfort level with computers