SABES Blackboard Basics introduces ELA/ESOL PD participants to the most commonly used Blackboard functions within their PD offerings. Available on an ongoing basis, participants can view and re-view modules on discussion board postings, submitting assignments through Blackboard, accessing and navigating a virtual session/webinar, and more. Videos and printable job aides are available for most functions.
- Any participant registering for ELA/ESOL Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) PD Center courses utilizing the Blackboard Learning Management System
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Questions about the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) used for courses in the ELA and ESOL C&I PD Centers? Wondering how to post to the discussion board? Navigate the course? Use the virtual session/webinar features? SABES Blackboard Basics seeks to provide you with ongoing support to assist you in successfully accessing and using Blackboard features most commonly found in ELA/ESOL PD offerings.
The course is made up of two distinct elements:
- Self-paced online modules, which provide brief videos and printable job aides to walk you through the use of various Blackboard functions. This course will remain open to you, allowing you to visit as needed.
- Monthly live virtual office hours, which will allow you to connect with ELA/ESOL Blackboard support and have your questions answered in real time. The schedule of office hours will be posted in the course.
Content will be updated based upon participant feedback.
- Demonstrate competence in navigating a SABES Blackboard course and accessing pertinent resources, using the left-hand navigation panel
- Identify the most commonly used features of Blackboard used in SABES ELA/ESOL PD offerings
- Use provided materials from the course to successfully complete chosen tasks
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: