The two-part workshop focuses on effective techniques and strategies for teaching pronunciation in the ESOL classroom and best practices for correcting students' pronunciation errors.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers of adult English language learners who would like to expand their repertoire of pronunciation teaching techniques
This workshop includes a face-to-face session and a follow-up webinar.
In the face-to-face session, you will:
- Explore various ways to seamlessly integrate pronunciation instruction into the content of your classroom
- Learn new activities and games that support explicit pronunciation instruction
- Determine what aspects of pronunciation to teach and which pronunciation features should be taught at each level
- Discuss best practices in correcting students' pronunciation errors
On Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 9:00am - 10:00am, the workshop presenter will facilitate a one-hour follow-up webinar to support you in applying what you've learned. Your participation in this webinar is expected.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact Dori McCormack at email@example.com
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Assess and prioritize your students' pronunciation needs
- Apply a variety of tools for teaching pronunciation and correcting pronunciation errors
- Become familiar with classroom activities that create awareness and improvement of learners' pronunciation
- Gain knowledge regarding what pronunciation instruction is best for students at a given level