In this session, you will receive a deep dive professional development training on Google’s Applied Digital Skills curriculum. Applied Digital Skills is a free, online, video-based curriculum that you can use in the classroom with your students to teach them the basic digital skills needed for today’s evolving job market. Lessons are designed for learners with any level of technology experience and allow students to learn at their own pace.
This workshop is being offered in partnership with COABE and Google.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Teachers, tutors, and advisors who are interested in readily available tools to build their learners’ digital literacy skills
The Google’s Applied Digital Skills free curriculum has hundreds of hours of lessons that you can choose from, including how to send an email, make a resume, search for a job, plan an event, and even create a business plan. It also includes free resources like student progress tracking and assignment submission.
By the end of this session, you will be able to leverage the curriculum in the classroom with your students for topics such as:
- Digital Skills for Every Day Tasks
- Research and Writing
- Managing a Project with Digital Tools
- Effective Communications at Work
In order to maximize your learning outcomes from the session, this will be interactive and hands-on, which means you will be able to navigate the curriculum live, create an account, and set up your first class. To make this possible, please do the following:
- Come to the workshop with a Google account. If you do not have one, make a new Google account for free by going to https://accounts.google.com/signup.
- We highly recommend you bring the following items to the workshop:
- Laptop or tablet to access the curriculum through its website
- Headphones to listen to example curriculum videos on your device
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe the lessons and teacher and student resources available
- Navigate the tools and resources
- Evaluate the curriculum for use with your students
- Develop a plan for how to begin incorporating some of the Applied Digital Skills
You will need a gmail account. If you don't already have one, you can create one at: https://accounts.google.com/signup.