Students have individual learning plans, but how do their digital literacy plans fit in? In this professional development offering, we will discuss a system for setting up such a plan. We will look at tools for figuring out how to match their work, education, or other goals to the relevant digital literacy skills they need to reach them, as well as learning resources to help them develop those skills.
Unable to attend? We record the Tech and Tell webinars. If you are interested in this topic but cannot attend the live webinar on January 29, you may register and receive the webinar recording to review, along with the instructions for the follow-up assignment, which needs to be completed by February 12.
Note: This is part of a series of monthly webinars, which are modeled after the effective Tech and Tell series developed by our IDEAL partners and colleagues at TCALL, Texas A&M University. TCALL provides professional development for the Texas adult education system. We are grateful for their collaborative spirit and sharing of successful practices.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Classroom and online teachers, computer teachers, advisors, and anyone interested in students’ digital literacy and learning plans
We will look at several digital literacy assessments, including performance-based and self- assessments, and study resources for both individual students and classes. There will be materials for a variety of English language levels.
- January 29, 2020: The webinar will be Wednesday, January 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. You have the choice of either attending it live or receiving a link to the recording to view later.
- February 12, 2020: Following the webinar or viewing of the recording, your assignment will be to submit a brief posting describing one idea you come away with that you will consider for implementation with students at your program.
The total time for this PD activity is approximately 2 hours. We estimate the time as follows:
- Participation in the webinar or viewing the recording: 1 hour
- Assignment completion: 1 hour
Note: These Tech and Tell webinars will be offered on the third Wednesday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. We encourage you to keep an eye out for announcements for the following:
- February 26: NELRC: Stand Up and Be Counted Using the Change Agent
- March 25: Designing Digital Learning Experiences
- April 15: Designing Assessments
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe how to support students' development of a digital literacy learning plan
- Describe one idea to consider for implementation with students at your program