Although many programs have students for a very limited number of hours, teachers, advisors, and others have so much we need to cover during that brief time. For some, adding digital literacy can feel like an impossibility. While it can certainly be challenging to figure out how to cover that along with content and skills, it can be done! In this one-hour webinar, we will discuss an approach to weaving all three together and look at several examples including a single lesson, a curriculum theme, and a project.
Unable to attend? We record the Tech and Tell webinars. If you are interested in this topic but cannot attend the live webinar on March 25, you may register and receive the webinar recording to review along with the instructions for the follow-up assignment, which needs to be completed by April 8.
Note: This is part of a series of monthly webinars, which are modeled after the effective Tech and Tell series developed by our IDEAL partners and colleagues at TCALL, Texas A&M University. TCALL provides professional development for the Texas adult education system. We are grateful for their collaborative spirit and sharing of successful practices.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- Classroom and online teachers, computer teachers, advisors, and anyone interested in students’ digital literacy
We will describe several examples of how digital literacy can be integrated into instruction for a variety of student levels and content areas.
- March 25, 2020: Join the webinar live from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. If you cannot join the webinar live, register for this PD event and we will send you the recording.
- April 8, 2020: Following the webinar or viewing of the recording, your assignment will be to submit a brief posting that describes one idea you come away with that you will consider for implementation with students at your program.
The total time for this PD activity is approximately 2 hours. We estimate the time as follows:
- Participation in the webinar or viewing of the recording: 1 hour
- Assignment completion: 1 hour
Note: These Tech and Tell webinars will be offered on the third Wednesday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. We encourage you to keep an eye out for announcements for the following:
- February 26: NELRC: Stand Up and Be Counted Using the Change Agent
- April 15: Designing Assessments
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Describe an approach to combining content, skills, and digital literacy into a lesson, curriculum theme, or project
- Develop and, if possible, implement one idea with students at your program