In this 1.5 hour virtual meeting held on Zoom, teachers will learn the basic tools necessary to host a class on Zoom, including setting up and hosting meetings, managing communication, and sharing a screen within a class.
Registrants will be sent an invitation to the Zoom session via email. (Note: The Part 1 session will be offered on Wednesday, April 8th from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and again on Monday, April 13th from 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Please register for one session only).
- ESOL teachers of learners at all proficiency levels with little or no experience using Zoom
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
In this virtual meeting held on Zoom, teachers will learn the essential elements necessary to host a class using the Zoom teleconference platform. Presenters will provide an overview of several tools necessary to begin hosting a successful online class:
- Steps to set up and host a meeting: Create a meeting link with recommended settings, and invite students to participate by computer, hand-held device, or phone call-in
- Communication tools: Management of microphones and instruction tips for students to raise virtual hands or chat in the meeting
- Screen sharing: Projection of a Google document or other open page
- Classroom management: Record a session, private chat, manage reactions
- Set up a Zoom meeting and invite students to participate
- Understand what learners see in the Zoom mobile app
- Direct students to use microphones, public and private chatrooms, and virtual hands
- Share screens in Zoom to show an agenda and use a whiteboard to take notes or draw pictures in a discussion
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: