TABE L training prepares participants to administer and score the TABE Literacy Level reading assessment to ABE students who are reading at or below Grade Level Equivalent 2.0.
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
- ACLS funded practitioners who need to be trained as TABE LEVEL "L" test administrators. Novice Level
Practitioners who work with ABE students at low reading levels will want to use this test as a pre and post-test, a diagnostic tool, or both. After completing this training, practitioners will be certified to administer the TABE L reading test.
Practitioners must complete training for TABE 9/10 prior to this training. Both trainings may be taken on the same day.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
- Explain the basics of standardized assessment
- Administer the TABE Level L assessment appropriately and consistently
- Score student booklets and interpret results with accuracy
- Determine whether re-testing with a different assessment tool is warranted
Practitioners must complete training for TABE 9/10 prior to this training. Practitioners may take both TABE 9/10 and TABE L on the same day.