This online webinar-based training consists of two videos followed by questions. The first video describes what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, and how to interpret different types of test scores. The second video explains what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes and provides an overview of the ACLS assessment policies. Assessment Basics is available 24/7 and takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
Visit this link to complete the Assessment Basics webinar-based training: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_578CAfDUUo5dLJH
The Assessment Basics webinar is a pre-requisite for the following trainings:
- TABE CLAS-E Reading Administration and Scoring (online)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Administration (online)
- MAPT Administration (online)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Levels E, M, D, and A (online)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Level L (online)
- BEST Plus 2.0 (face-to-face)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Scoring (face-to-face)
Note that the Assessment Basics webinar only needs to be completed once by each individual, prior to registering for and completing any one or more of the trainings above.
For help with online registration, contact the University of Massachusetts Center for Educational Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-545-1184.
- Develop a working knowledge of what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes, and what the ACLS assessment policies are
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: