Registration closed: please register for the second offering on October 20 (Part 1) and October 23 (Part 2).
LiteracyPro’s Shannon Stangis will present this two-part training, which is an overview of how to use LACES, the management information system (MIS), for your student, class, and staff data.
Part 1: The first session focuses on navigation and data entry for the primary data elements associated with students, such as intake, assessment, enrollment, and attendance, as well as class creation, staff intake, and a brief overview of searches and reports.
Part 2: Following a question and answer period to review any questions from the Beginner LACES Training Part 1, this session will review exit follow-up procedures for exited students, exclusions to NRS participation, scheduled services, periods of participation, and a deeper dive into the NRS Tables, searches, and reports.
Note: You will register only once on 9/17 for this two-part training. You must be able to attend both sessions:
- 9/17: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 9/18: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
If this session is full, you may register for the second offering on October 20 (Part 1) and October 23 (Part 2).
- Staff members new to LACES who have little to no experience adding data elements into the system
- Staff members who would like a refresher on data entry into LACES
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
LACES sessions will be held online using GoToMeeting. Ruzica Banovic will send you the link several days before the training date, so please be sure the address you enter in your registration is accurate.
To ensure that Shannon has enough time to answer questions, a maximum of 30 people may attend this training. If this session is full, you may register for the second offering on October 20 (Part 1) and October 23 (Part 2).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Part 1: Navigate the LACES system
- Part 1: Add new students, classes, and staff
- Part 1: Add student data elements such as assessments, enrollments, and hours
- Part 1: Create and close classes
- Part 1: Know how to access help and technical support for LACES
- Part 2: Generate NRS Tables
- Part 2: Understand measurable skills gains and follow-up outcome entry procedures and searches
- Part 2: Utilize exceptions such as Exclusions and Scheduled Services
- Part 2: Understand Periods of Participation
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Basic understanding of software functionality; basic understanding of adult education and state requirements. Completing Part 1 is a prerequisite for attending Part 2.