In Google Forms for the Virtual ESOL Classroom – for Beginner Users, we explore basic features of Google Forms to help us create forms and quizzes from a template, add items and images to a form, format and change questions, and more. The presenter will model ways to use Google Forms with English learners at any proficiency level.
Please note: You will access Zoom and other support materials via Blackboard. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College 1-2 days before the course begins with instructions on how to access the course. You cannot access the online course from the SABES website.
- Teachers of adult ESOL learners of any proficiency level
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
As we continue to provide distance learning and blended models of instruction, it is important to create more opportunities for ESOL student interaction while finding effective ways to assess learning. Google Forms is an application that can help us achieve these goals. During this 2-hour Zoom session, you will explore some of the most useful features of Google Forms for synchronous and asynchronous remote ESOL instruction:
- Creating forms from templates or a blank quiz
- Adding and deleting items in a form
- Adding titles and images to questions
- Formatting questions and changing question settings
- Using the Send feature to invite people to fill out the form
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account you can create one for free (https://www.google.com).
- This session will be delivered via Zoom. Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Create, edit and submit quizzes and surveys using the Google Forms app with English learners at any proficiency level
- Use Send feature to invite participants to access your form
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: