Going beyond the basic features of Google Forms, this intermediate session takes a deeper dive into the more complex features such as task framing, creating sections in a form, adding YouTube videos to a form, and changing settings. The presenter will model ways to use Google Forms with English learners at any proficiency level.
Please note: You will access Zoom and other support materials via Blackboard. You will receive a separate email from Joanne Harrington at Quinsigamond Community College 1-2 days before the course begins with instructions on how to access the course. You cannot access the online course from the SABES website.
- Teachers of adult ESOL learners at all proficiency levels
- ESOL teachers with experience using Google Forms
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
During this 2-hour session, you will explore some of the most useful features of the Google Forms for synchronous and asynchronous remote ESOL instruction:
- Creating activities
- Applying a three-step process to framing tasks (Setting the context; Carrying out the task; Wrapping up the tasks) in order to create student centered activities
- Creating sections
- Adding videos from YouTube
- Changing specific settings for automating grading and feedback
- By registering for the Intermediate level Google Forms session, you are acknowledging an understanding of the concepts discussed in the Beginner session:
- Creating forms from templates or a blank quiz
- Adding and deleting items in a form
- Adding titles and images to questions
- Formatting questions and changing question settings
- Using the Send feature to invite people to fill out the form
- You will need to have access to a Gmail account for this training. If you do not currently have a Google account you can create one for free (https://www.google.com).
- This session will be delivered via Zoom. Although Zoom is mobile-friendly, you will greatly enhance your experience by participating on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Develop forms using sections, adding YouTube videos, and managing settings
- Design student centered activities in Google Forms for synchronous or asynchronous remote teaching
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: