This offering is a facilitated regional sharing and learning group for new and experienced advisors. Agenda topics are selected based on the interests and needs of attendees and emerging issues in the field, and they are posted two weeks before the meeting.
This advisor sharing group meeting is open to those working in the Central region.
- Both new and experienced advisors. Instructors who play a role in education and career planning are also welcome to attend to share and learn about best practices and resources
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Advisors from Central Massachusetts are invited to join this sharing and learning conversation via Zoom. In this meeting, we will explore student goal-setting and career planning activities and outcomes. Advisors will have the opportunity to connect with others in the region, share program updates and ideas, discuss benchmarks and challenges, and support each other with resources and strategies that are working in your programs.
- How are you doing student goal-setting and career planning in your program?
- How is your program working to build a culture of student self-efficacy and persistence to work toward career goals?
- What are challenges to students' employment and post-secondary education or training?
- What strategies and successes can you share?
- Terry Walles, MassHire Outstation Coordinator for Central MA, will also be joining us to give an update.
Participants are encouraged to email KLBafaro@gmail.com with questions to discuss and resources to share.
We will be meeting via Zoom, and Ruzica Banovic will send you information and the link for joining online a few days prior to the meeting.