How do you currently use student insights to drive instructional decisions? Learn how to use Newsela student data, collected and compiled in your Assignments Binder, to help you make instructional decisions.
- Teachers and tutors of adults reading at GLE 3–12
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
SABES and Newsela are partnering to provide five online trainings this year, supporting practitioners in using the statewide license available to ACLS-funded programs. Training #5 is Analyzing Student Activity in Newsela.
This fifth training will explore:
- Understanding the data collected in your Assignments Binder
- Data-driven planning documents
- Personalized meaningful feedback and customized assignments
►Register directly for Analyzing Student Activity in Newsela.
Please register using the same agency email used for your Newsela account, so that your PD hours may be counted for LACES.
Please note: You cannot access this online session from the SABES website.
⇒ For more information, visit our SABES–Newsela page.
- Gain student insights from the data collected in your Assignments Binder
- Assign student grouping using a data-driven planning document
- Provide meaningful feedback based on grading and reviewing support resources
- Customize assignments with annotations and the writing prompt
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
Set up a Newsela account using either one of these methods at newsela.com:
- If you have a Gmail or Microsoft email address provided by the institution where you work, log in using that agency Gmail or Microsoft address
- Create a username and password using your agency email
Any program that wishes to use Newsela but has difficulty creating accounts should contact Paula Jurigian, ACLS Distance Education and Digital Literacy Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.