During the September 2021 ACLS State as Partner meeting, we learned that more than 60% of all classes this fall were offered through distance and hybrid education models.
To support this ongoing work, we are excited to reoffer the Expanding Equitable Access Through Distance and Hybrid Education (EEA) series, updated in September to align with the ACLS’s August 2021 Massachusetts Policies for Effective Adult Education. The EEA series is intended to help your program team, step-by-step, implement new distance and hybrid classes or continue building your existing program. We will emphasize the many benefits of providing these options to current and potential students, such as helping you meet enrollment targets by expanding access to your program for previously underserved audiences.
This PD series responds to feedback from the field and provides a range of flexible supports and options for participation. To maximize the benefits of this PD series, you are encouraged (but not required) to participate in program teams. See the Description below and download the Schedule and Course Descriptions attached at the end of this calendar posting for details.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.
- Adult educators new to distance and hybrid education models who would like to implement high-quality, evidence-based distance and hybrid classes in their programs
- All adult educators who have experience with distance and hybrid models and are interested in evidence-based ways to strengthen their current services
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
Drawing on the nationally recognized IDEAL Distance and Blended Learning Handbook, as well as research and examples from effective program practices, we address topics fundamental to effective implementation through strands that are customized for directors, instructors, and other staff involved in administration, evaluation, recruitment, screening, orientation, and teaching. We encourage you to take advantage of all components of this series and are pleased to offer focused, flexible options for participation. EEA PD offers:
In order to make this PD as accessible to busy educators as possible, you can study:
- Anytime between the course start and end dates
- Anywhere with or without Internet access for most features of the components
- The role-specific modules you opt to take and in the order that best meets your immediate needs
- At your own pace to complete the course modules
Ability to Customize
Online Course: Open 3/7/22–4/18/22 (Asynchronous, facilitated)
Register once via this calendar posting. When you complete the initial module, An Introduction, you will be able to access and select from the additional three role-specific modules. You are NOT required to take all of these role-specific modules; rather, you may select the ones that are relevant to your responsibilities.
- Module 1 – An Introduction: Prerequisite for all of the other modules (2 hours)
- Module 2 – For Directors: Administrative issues (4 hours)
- Module 3 – For Teachers: Instruction and assessment issues (5 hours)
- Module 4 – Recruitment, Screening, and Orientation: Finding and onboarding new student issues (4 hours)
Additional Optional Supports
Sharing Groups (Online, synchronous)
Register separately for each of these one-hour meetings to network and brainstorm with colleagues from across the state. All meetings are from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Module 1 – An Introduction: 3/11/22, register here
- Module 2 – For Directors: 3/18/22, register here
- Module 3 – For Teachers: 3/22/22, register here
- Module 4 – Recruitment, Intake, and Orientation: 4/8/22, register here
Customized Program-Based Coaching
This tailored support builds on the knowledge you acquire through participation in this PD to support your program team in implementing these concepts. Limited to eight programs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity.
- Please see the attached document for the learning objectives for each component.
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: