This highly participatory, hands-on workshop will introduce participants to the ISTE Standards for Students, one of the sets of standards recommended by ACLS.
How can you know what to focus on when it comes to teaching and integrating digital literacy?
ISTE (the International Society for Technology in Education) developed a special initiative to define the digital skills that adult learners need in order to thrive in school, work, and community life. These findings can serve as a guide for adult educators in their work with students.
This initiative, the Profile of a Lifelong Learner, stands firmly on three legs: the ISTE Standards for Students; a literature review of peer-reviewed research exploring skills that predict workplace success; and a landscape scan of adult educational and occupational skills frameworks that already exist in the field. Development of the Profile was guided by a panel of advisors who represent leaders in the fields of adult education, workforce development, community college education, edtech, and K-12 career pathways.
This workshop is the third in a series covering the digital literacy standards recommended by ACLS. Click the following LINKS to access on-demand recordings of the others:
- Maryland Digital Literacy Framework: Digital Literacy for Instruction: A Framework to Guide You
- Northstar Digital Literacy Standards: Northstar Digital Literacy Standards for Essential Skills
- This professional development activity is designed for directors, teachers, advisors, and others interested in supporting students in building their digital literacy skills as well as developing their own
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This workshop will be facilitated by Joey Lehrman and Lea Downing from ISTE.
- The facilitators will provide a tour of the Profile of a Lifelong Learner and how it can be used to build engaging, accessible, and meaningful digital age learning experiences for adult students.
- During this workshop, you will engage in interactive activities and a collaborative conversation about how to prepare your adult learners for success in school, work, and community life.
- Finally, we will conclude with a hands-on activity to take a current lesson plan and adapt it to align with the Profile.
You will leave with an updated lesson plan to use in your classrooms and ideas and resources on how to continue exploring the Profile after the session ends.
Note: Please come to the webinar with a lesson you would like to align with the standards.
You will receive a separate email from email@example.com with information and the link for joining online a few days prior to the webinar.
- Name the ISTE Standards for Students
- Describe three ways the Profile of a Lifelong Learner can be used to prepare adult learners for success in school, work, and community life
Align a lesson with one Standard
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: