This Circle of Practice (CoP) gives an opportunity for Motivational Interviewing users to practice their craft under the guidance and supervision of an experienced practitioner.
Participants are welcome to bring topics that stem from their own practice. Participants must have completed recent (within the last four years) basic Motivational Interviewing training to participate in this Circle of Practice.
- Workforce development and adult education staff who practice Motivational Interviewing in their work
- Participants must have recently completed (within the last four years) a basic Motivational Interviewing training to participate in this Circle of Practice
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
The CoP is structured in the following way:
- The first 30 minutes of the meeting will be used for a review and a warm-up activity
- The remaining 90 minutes of the meeting will be used for practice
- The group will be divided into pairs or trios (depending on the number of attendees)
- Members of the group will take turns being speakers, workers, and coders so that each members gets a chance to practice theirs skills and be coached
- The facilitator of the CoP will give feedback to each practitioner
If you don’t need a refresher you can join the group at the 30 minute mark (e.g., if the start of the meeting is at 9am , you can join at 9:30am to attend the practice portion only)
Participants must have recently completed (within the last four years) a basic Motivational Interviewing training to participate in this Circle of Practice.
We will be meeting via Zoom, and Ruzica Banovic will send you information and the link for joining online a few days prior to the meeting. This email will include materials that will refresh your memory about MI.
- Improve Motivational Interviewing skills
- Analyze their own practice
- Define new ways to implement their Motivational Interviewing skills
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: