Digital literacy is vital to adult learners’ lives, education, and employment, as well as to staff in their work with students. In this workshop, you will explore one of ACLS’ suggested frameworks, the Maryland Digital Literacy Framework and its accompanying Instructor Implementation Guide, to begin building an action plan for implementing core competencies for yourself and with your students.
About this PD:
- This is a two-hour, synchronous online webinar followed by a half-hour planning project that you will draft for your own or your students’ digital literacy development. This can be submitted by November 10 for feedback and support from PSPDC Digital Literacy PD Specialist Diana Satin.
- After you register, Ruzica Banovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) will send you a confirmation email with instructions for joining the workshop via Zoom.
- Directors, teachers, and others at all levels of experience who are interested in developing their own digital literacy skills as well as supporting students in building theirs
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
This workshop will be facilitated by Jamie Harris, who co-authored the Maryland Digital Literacy Framework. She will describe the structure of the Framework and how you can use it to inform planning and instruction. She will also explain how you can use the readily available, practical examples in the Instructors’ Guide for integrating digital literacy instruction in your classroom.
We will provide opportunities for you to share with colleagues and encourage you to come to the webinar with practices you recommend and questions you may have.
This is the first in a series of five Introduction to Digital Literacy online workshops on the standards and frameworks suggested by ACLS, which will be posted to the SABES Calendar soon:
- Introduction to Digital Literacy: Where to Begin! (9/29)
- Northstar Digital Literacy Standards
- SkillRise (ISTE) Digital Literacy Framework
- Teaching Skills That Matter: Digital Literacy
Define digital literacy
- Examine a frame for organizing elements of digital literacy
- Explore implementation of digital literacy strategies
- Create an action plan
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: