Are you wondering how to integrate free Newsela content and resources into your classroom instruction? We can help! In this workshop, we will review effective practices for designing and integrating digital assignments that support academic engagement with Newsela content. Working within Newsela, we will examine instructional practices for leveraging multiple levels of a text to support student learning focused on a common lesson goal.
About this training:
- In order to attend this training, you must create a Newsela account. If you need assistance, please contact Paula.Jurigian@mass.gov.
- We will be working directly within Newsela, so prior to the workshop, be sure you set up and roster your classes. Then, be sure to log into your account prior to the session start. This will allow you to jump right in to the session content.
- Once you register, we will send you a follow-up confirmation email with instructions on how to access the Zoom session.
The SABES Program Support PD Center (PSPDC) is collaborating with ACLS and Newsela to coordinate support for Newsela users. If you need assistance or have questions about this training, please contact our PSPDC Liaison Kathleen O'Connell at email@example.com.
Educators who are new to using Newsela
- Educators who have some experience using Newsela who would benefit from a deeper dive into the platform and its resources
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
In this session, Newsela Professional Learning Manager Allison Griffin will walk you through the process of exploring, building, and working within your Newsela account to integrate digital literacy experiences that are appropriate for the range of your students’ levels.
- Use Newsela features to support student access to lesson skills and concepts
- Explore planning approaches for designing instruction across multiple levels of text
- Examine best practices for designing assignments on Newsela that support student engagement
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to:
You must have a Newsela account to attend this training.