What: This engaging, self-paced course provides an overview of the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education for English Language Arts and Literacy (CCRSAE-ELA).
Why: For standards-aligned curricula and standards-aligned teaching, you need to know the standards!
- New staff at all levels
- Anyone who needs to learn about or review the CCRSAE instructional shifts for ELA
This professional development activity/course is designed for:
How: This online, self-paced, lightly facilitated course is composed of readings, videos, and activities, including the use of Internet resources, informal knowledge checks, and journaling.
- Offered two times in FY23 (November and April)
- Stays open for four weeks each time; work at your own pace
- Takes approximately four hours to complete
Earn four PD hours by completing all activities.
Please note: You cannot access this online course from the SABES website. You will receive a separate email from Nancy Keefe at World Education several days before the course begins with instructions on how to access the course in Moodle.
- Describe the origins and purposes of the CCRSAE
- Locate and navigate the CCRSAE for ELA
- Explain the importance of the three instructional shifts prompted by the CCRSAE for ELA
- Access key resources related to standards-based ELA instruction
- Incorporate basic teaching approaches that address the three instructional shifts
Upon completion of this professional development activity/course, you will be able to: